Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Regent University, My Education


I chose to attend Regent University online for many different reasons. The truth is, Regent University provided everything I was looking for, so how could I go wrong?
I am labeled a "non-traditional" student (yes I am getting old). I am a stay-at-home mom of four young children. My career of choice, after raising my children, is to write children’s books. Without much room in my schedule for attending classes out of the home, I realized that an online school format would be important. I also wanted to learn from professors and instructors that held similar beliefs as me and to learn from curriculum that was God-focused. I wanted a college that, even if it initially looked like it would put a huge dent in the budget, was willing to offer and look for financial help no matter what position the student was in. I have found all of these to be true with Regent University. The surprising factor in becoming a student was how much my college of choice has helped my progress in my writing of children’s books. Spending time at home with my children, I am gaining quite a bit of material to use, and continuing classes with Regent University helps improve my technical knowledge for writing.
The flexibility of scheduling has allowed me to take a short break from school as my husband finished his Masters degree through another school, and I know I will have no problem beginning again at Regent University in the fall to continue my sophomore year in college. I am looking forward to conquering my future classes that will mostly focus on English and History (due to my major in English with a focus on Creative writing and minor in History), and the time I spend focusing on the process of getting my children’s books published. With the time I have already spent in the online format at Regent University, I know these two processes, on top of being a wife, mother, and homemaker, will work in tandem. The excitement I have looking towards the future is due to so many thanks to Regent University.

This scholarship is sponsored by CenturyLinkQuote.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.